Page with hyperlinks for Preschool – Project Bases Learning.
Introduce various styles of houses:
Media internet/ video
– Woodhouses, Apartments, houses on stilts in water, igloos, big, beautiful houses and poor houses.
Ask relevant questions to stimulate further thinking
Why are we living in a house?
What kind of house do you live in?
Who is building the house?
- Play: Block play: build houses, many Pinterest ideas for playing with blocks.
There are many benefits of playing with blocks. Block play helps in the development of the child. By building a tower the child needs mathematics, and problem-solving (Rasmuson, 2019, p. 7), and various other advantages.
- Modelling clay/ playdough. make a clay house with a strong roof.
- Lesson plan for children in the Preschool play with clay:
- Drawing: Draw your own house or your dream house
- Story: 3 little pigs
- Drama: act out 3 little pigs
- Music: Wise man builds his house on the Rock.
Make a picture of the 3 little pigs using the different materials. children should be able to cut and paste (straw/ grass, sticks and papers for bricks – cut themselves.) the materials to make 3 different houses for the 3 pigs.
Rasmuson, K. (2019). Influences of Block Play on Academic Learning in Preschool. 45.